I can see that the students really enjoy this time. I also have really enjoyed it! No matter how difficult the day was, the end of the day is left to leave energy vampires behind and to start fresh the next day!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Our Buses are Moving!
We have a lot of fun keeping our buses moving in our room. At the end of each day, we take time to share 3 positive things from the day. Right now, they are pretty light statements, but I am hopeful that as the year goes on, we will be able to get a little deeper with our thoughts. To choose the students who will share, I pull sticks from the can. I really encourage each name that I pull to think of something positive. I do not want the same 5 kids to be sharing positives, while the rest aren't forced to put some thought into their school day. Of course, I offer help if they are struggling, but I try to scaffold it as little as possible. I have seen positive results!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment